Saturday, April 23, 2011

Baby Milestones

If you remember, the 2 weeks that we were absent from the online world, I had mentioned there were a number of baby milestones achieved. Baby Marshall was pretty busy during his 5th month of life... for those not keeping track that is the month of April 2011 :)

1. April 2 - We started adding some rice cereal to Marshall's bottles. He, of course, gulped it right down with no problem.

2. April 3 - Baby's first visit to the ER :( I posted about this earlier in the week. Even though his coughing was pretty bad, he was still all smiles for the nurses and the doctor.

3. April 4 - Marshall finally rolled from his back to his stomach! We wer visiting our friend Michelle and, of course, I didn't have my camera with me.

4. April 10 - Now here's some exciting stuff... I made my first batch of baby food. We made some yummy pears.

PearsChopped PearsBeaba BabyCookFinished Baby Food

Now, I know I could have used my own food processor, but I liked the fact that the Babycook included a steamer, heater, defroster, and blender all in one machine. This way I didn't have to worry about paying attention to multiple things. I got a few comments that I wasn't really making my own food because I was using a "babyfood maker" but I still have to peel, chop/slice, and mix up the ingredients. So it is still some effort involved. This weekend we're going to try making some peas.

5. April 11 - We tried to feed Marshall some pears. Most of it ended up on his face :) I couldn't get Freddy to take some photos so we'll have to share some photos of Marshall and his baby food later.

6. April 13 - And now for the exciting baby milestone! Do you see it???

Marshall's 1st Tooth!

It's right there on the bottom. Marshall has his first tooth popping through! So far we haven't had any irritability yet, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. We have the Baby Orajel ready to go.

Those were all the happy things that happened over the past 2 weeks - except for the ER visit, of course. Yesterday we had another not so happy baby milestone. Since we had to take Marshall back into the doctor last Saturday because he was still wheezing and coughing, we had to bring him in for a recheck yesterday. Well, Marshall has his first ear infection. Of course, because he is such a happy baby, he hasn't been showing any signs of being sick or uncomfortable. But, looking back over the past few days, when I was giving him his bottle, he would rub his ear a little bit but I just took that as he was working out his fingers since he wants to grab everything these days.

So now, in addition to the Buterol and Xopenex he gets in the nebulizer 4 times a day, he is now on Amoxicilian for the ear infection. And we have to bring him back in on Monday for a recheck.

Poor baby is getting so used to the nebulizer that he sometimes even holds it himself.

Marshall


And I've noticed the past 2 days he has been more clingy than normal and would only nap on his daddy.

MarshallMarshall


Fingers crossed my baby gets better soon so he can enjoy his first plane ride next month!

~AKO

1 comments:

Kate Weber said...

That kid is such a cutie! I'm sorry that he had to go to the ER. That's no fun!

I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

Simply Kate