- Thinking about taking my Mom to the Towers the next time she came for a visit.
- The clear blue sky.
- The comments about an accident at the World Trade Center as I arrived to my desk.
- Trying to call everyone I could think of in an effort to let them know that I was ok.
- The gasps as we listened to the radio when each tower fell.
- Finally reaching my sister, who was at work and hadn't heard what happened yet.
- Walking from 34th street to 110th street trying to get home because the subway was not running.
- Watching the news all night in disbelief over what had just happened.
- Building evacuations and bomb threats for the rest of the week.
That day is still very surreal to me and I can never bring myself to write anything about that day hear. I refuse to watch the 9/11 specials, documentary, and news reports that fill our TV schedule the week leading up to the anniversary date. I cannot bring myself to watch the memorial down at Ground Zero.
What I can do, is leave you with the last full post I have written on the subject.