Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 1: Gymboree Fun!

Freddy left today for a month long mission in California. He is helping another unit mobilize for deployment to Afghanistan. We've been lucky so far in that he hasn't had to be gone for more than the 2 - 3 weeks for his AT so this is going to be the longest that he is away since we've been together. Marshall is now old enough to realize that daddy did not come back this morning but doesn't understand why. It won't be long before I have to explain to him why daddy has to leave.

So, of course, everyone was acting up today since daddy was gone. On top of all that, I went to draw a bath for Marshall and we had no hot water! I improvised and was able to get some hot water from our Poland Spring dispenser but I hope it is back in the morning. There is nothing worse than having to take a cold shower!

Anyway, I wanted to make sure we were able to do at least one family thing before Freddy left. We were supposed to go to the zoo a couple weeks ago but got rained out. So, I signed us up for a preview class at our local Gymboree. I figured it might be a fun way for Marshall to socialize a bit more with kids his own age. Well, after some hesitation, he decided this might be fun.


Marshall

Marshall

Marshall

Marshall

Marshall

Marshall


We decided to enroll and attend the class weekly. I kind of wish I would have found this when Marshall was younger. What I did learn is that my son is a little bruiser! He was pushing and taking toys away from the other babies. I'm hoping this class will help teach him to share :)

AND if you notice in that last picture, The Marsh has 4 teeth coming in on the top.

~AKO

2 comments:

Skye said...

Look HOW big he has gotten! And I just noticed how much hair he has too! What a big boy.... they grow up fast huh?! He looks like he is having fun! I Hope the gymboree by you is cleaner than the one by me ... we decided not to join after going once - it was very dirty - which is a shame b/c i was hoping to join. Have fun with Marshall! Keep the pictures coming!

Amanda said...

Our's actually was very clean. I was surprised since Jersey City as a whole isn't all that clean.