I hope everyone is recovering nicely from your New Year's Eve festivities! We are trying to get back on our regular schedule tonight. Marsh has been home from daycare the past two days so, of course, his schedule is all messed up. But, more importantly, I am going back into our office in Manhattan tomorrow! Yes, our office has finally reopened since Hurricane Sandy went through.
We drove through the area on Sunday and it definitely isn't the same. A lot of stores and restaurants are still boarded up. There are a lot of generators and commercial dryers still in use. The PATH trains are still not running between Hoboken and World Trade Center. There is still a lot of recovery left but things are moving forward. I'm a little torn about our return to the office tomorrow. While I cannot wait to get back into an office environment, I'm not thrilled about commuting into the city again. I've gotten used to being able to sleep in until 6:30 - 7 :00 everyday. If I need to run an errand, I can do so on my lunch hour and be done in 15 minutes. Starting tomorrow it is back up at 5:30 for the 1 - 1.5 hour commute into the city...
Today was kind of a lazy day for us. I didn't take my pain killer last night until after midnight and, as a result, ended up sleeping until almost 10:00 am this morning! I made a crock pot egg brunch breakfast from a recipe on Pinterest that cooked all night, so all we had to do was spoon it into a bowl and eat. The recipe was ok, not great, but it was nice to not really have to cook this morning :) Then I got everything finished up and in the crock pot for the roast that we were supposed to have last night. I figure I had all the ingredients for it we might as well get it all cooked up!
I did get some organizing and laundry done today, but we pretty much didn't even get our of our pajamas!
I managed to get a shot of Marsh lounging on his new Batman bed from his Aunt Chelle. He actually fell asleep on it and napped for 2 hours today! It was the first time we've really been able to get him to nap at home in weeks.
This shot actually turned out ok... Marsh was running around like a crazy person this evening and I just snapped the photo. You can't even tell he is running towards me!
Anyway, it is time for all those New Year's resolutions to be posted! I think I mentioned this last year, but I don't necessarily like call them resolutions. I like to think of them as goals that are more likely to be completed. So here is what I'm looking to accomplish in 2013...
1. Read the bible in its entirety. I've found a plan on the Internet that helps you read a little bit each week in order to complete the entire book by the end of the year. I've been wanting to get involved in our local church for a while now and I'm hoping that by starting this goal is a good start for the year.
2. Project 365. So I've finally decided to take the plunge and do a Project 365. You'll be able to see my progress on my Project 365 blog.
3. Smash Book Journal. I posted about this a couple days ago. I recently ready about the Smash Book and thought it would be a fun way to document our year. I plan for each page to cover 1 week in our lives at a glance. As I complete pages I'll post them up for everyone to see. If anyone else is doing or has done a smash book I'd love to see your results!
4. Complete at least 1 Pinterest project each month. I discovered the other day that I have pinned over 100 things to my boards on Pinterest. It is about time I started doing some of them! A project could consist of something crafty, or might just be a new recipe that we tried. Either way I'm excited to do some new things!
5. Get Healthy! One of my best friends is turning 40 this year and booked us for a cruise to Bermuda for June. Ahhhhh!!! That is only 6 months away!!! So, that being said, I would like to continue my quest to get healthy and active this year. I've decided to target losing at least 5 lbs per month, which I think is doable. It wouldn't get me to my goal weight by June, but it would put me in a place where I was comfortable with myself for a cruise.
So there you have it! I think 5 goals for the year is not too daunting and everything is obtainable.
Have you made any goals for 2013?
What's Up with Summer?! Making Memories!!
1 hour ago