Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Story

I was recently invited to my first Origami Owl jewelry bar hosted by April Slipsager.  I had heard of Origami Owl before and had browsed their products and options in the past but had never purchased anything. Whenever one of my friends invites me to one of their parties, no mater what it is for, I always try to purchase something.  I would like to think that should I ever decide to host something that all of these purchases will invite some purchases in return :)

Orgami Owl's main slogan is "Tell Your Story" so I spent 2 hours looking through each of their lockets, charms, tags, and chains to find the perfect combination to tell my story.  My finished locket arrived in the mail yesterday and I couldn't be more happy with the final results.

And here it is!  I had to take the photo without the flash so it looks much darker than it really is.  The chain and locket are silver in color and the back plate is rose in color.

Locket

I chose the "Family" back plate because, to me, nothing is more important than family.  I've recently had to reevaluate a close relationship in my live and am now very focused on my family.  Marshall and Freddy are number 1 and everyone else comes after.  The dangling "O" charm is for our family name.

In the locket I have the following charms:

Birthstones:  It is hard to see in the picture, but I have 1 birthstone charm each for me (June), Freddy (November), and Marshall (October).  Marshall was 5 days away from being born on the same day of the month as me and Freddy as well as our anniversary :)  The good thing is should we add to our family, I can add another birthstone.

Cat Paw:  I'm sure this is pretty self explanatory :)  This is to represent our 4 fur babies who are just as much a part of our family as anyone.

Faith:  I have recently been exploring my own personal faith and how it relates to my family and how we will overcome our struggles in the future.

Yellow Ribbon:  I may not always support the "Why" but I will always support our troops.

American Flag:  Anyone who knows me knows that I am very proud to be an American.  I was raised to love my country and be proud of my roots no matter what.  That's what happens when you grow up on the back of a Harley in the Midwest :)

I also received the Postcard charm that says "I Love You" on it.  I plan to include that one in the locket whenever Freddy is gone.  I love that the locket opens and you can switch out charms whenever you want.

In the near future I may also purchase some of the holiday charms to switch out.

How would you tell your story?

~AKO

0 comments: