Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What I'm Reading | 2015 Reading Challenge

One of my 2015 goals is to spend some time on me.  That goal is going to be several parts to create the goal over the course of the year.  The 1st step is to get back into reading.

When I was in high school and college, I used to read all the time.  My yearly Christmas lists were usually filled with books, which were usually all read by March.  I don't remember when I stopped reading books, but I want to start again.  Especially with all these books being made into movies every year.

Starting this year, I am participating in the GoodReads 2015 Reading Challenge.  I am going to try and read at least 50 books this year.  But, on top of that, I am also participating in a category book challenge.  You can see the list in the 2015 Reading Challenge that I have posted in the header above.  I'm hoping this will turn into a yearly challenge for me and I'll try to find a new list every year.

I just charged up my Kindle and plan to use my daily commutes into the city for something other than playing Candy Crush and surfing Facebook.  My commute is 1 hour and 45 minutes so I know I can get some good reading done every day.

When I get home from the gym around 9:45pm each night, the first thing I do is turn on the TV.  Not anymore!  I will have a date with some tea and my kindle.  Or maybe a glass of wine on some nights :)

So, what is first on my list?


I haven't seen the movie yet... who am I kidding... I didn't see a single new movie last year!

I'm looking forward to getting into this one since I've heard a lot of great reviews on this.  Stay tuned for my review!

What are you reading this year?

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Amanda has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide
~AKO

0 comments: