Thursday, February 11, 2016

101 Things in 1,001 Days

Now that we're almost 45 days into 2016, I'm finally now sitting down to think about what I want this year to mean for me.  Instead of trying to accomplish resolutions, which I think I've stated how I feel about those in the past, I've decided to participate in what is called the Day Zero Project.


The idea behind it is to complete 101 things in 1,001 days.  It can be anything you want... a picnic in the park, camping under the stars, etc.  1,001 days works out to 3 full years so I figured that seemed like enough time to complete 101 things, right?

My Day Zero Project started on January 1, 2016 and runs through December 31, 2018.

There are so many things that I want to do with Marshall and Freddy that I always felt a jumbled mess when trying to plan something.  More so now that we have a deployment looming in the very near future.  I felt with the Day Zero Project, I was able to put down on paper, so to speak, and keep track of everything.

In the past, I have always felt that we don't do enough as a family.  Well, since I have a full list of activities to choose from, I am happy to report that we have already completed some items on the list!

The good thing about this, is you can also keep a "Someday" list.  A list of items that you might not be able to complete in the next 3 years, but someday.  For me, it was things like visiting all 50 states and Ecuador.  It is also something to help compile items that I might want to include in my next Day Zero Project.

I will have a blog post for each item that I complete in my list.  There are 2 places where you can see my list.

1.  On my blog!  You can access my list from the title bar above 101 Things in 1001 Days.  This list will link to the individual post for each item.

2.  On the Day Zero Project page you can link to my home page HERE.

I encourage you to check out the Day Zero Project.  Who knows... you might start a Day Zero Project of your own!  If you create on, let me know.  I would love to follow your progress.

~AKO

1 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

That is a really cool idea. I will have to check it out. Good luck :)