Sunday, July 19, 2009

*Cough, Cough*

SO... that was me coughing through the dust that has accumulated on this blog over the past three weeks. I have been a very bad blogger this month, but not for lack of wanting. It seems like there is so much to do just to get through a day and not enough hours to get it done. As a result my poor house has suffered greatly in the cleanliness department :(

I've got some pictures to upload, which I will do soon, but in the meantime, here are some hilights of the past few weeks...

1. I finally saw 4th of July fireworks live for the first time since moving to NYC in 2000! We had a nice evening relaxing at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ.

2. We've started the house hunting process for our first home purchase.

3. I got a WII Active and have started the 30 day challenge. I completed workout #6 today and am starting to feel the soreness.

4. I continue to be irritated by the ever-growing inconsiderate people who live in my neighborhood. Seriously! Who lets their kids run around in someone else's yard without knowing them. And why does everyone feel that everyone on the street needs to share in their bad taste in music? The only consolation was the cops arriving and breaking up the little block party that was happening right in front of my house last night. And I didn't even call the cops this time!!!

5. SSG Olvera started his 16 day AT yesterday. The positive is he is state-side, which makes the phone calls a little easier. Navigating the time difference when he was in Germany a few years back was not fun.

6. And what is up with this weather??? Not that I'm not enjoying low 70's and only 40% humidity in July, but when is the other shoe going to drop? Does this mean that August and September are going to be melting on the pavement disgustingly hot???

And, with that, I will try to write more often and leave you with the following pics...



The fireworks from Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ:

Photobucket

My little helper, Hadley:

Photobucket

And... buddies when they think no one is looking, C-Lo and Hadley:

Photobucket


~AKO

0 comments: