Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

So stores like Old Navy opened up at 3am this morning. I think Kohls was open at 4am. The Toys R Us in Times Square opened their doors at midnight! I was not at Old Navy, Kohls, or Toys R Us this morning. I was sound asleep and warm in my bed! Having worked so many Black Fridays from my years as a Meijer employee I will never voluntarily partake in the Black Friday festivities... EVER!!!

Instead I spent the first half of today in a Dayquil coma. Yes... after months of drifting in and out of potentially being sick I woke up this morning with a headache, congestion, and quite the lovely cough. But after a nice hot shower and cuddling with the hubby in front of a NCIS marathon for a few hours we got to work. We are moving in 4 days and the house just isn't going to pack itself. I'm proud to say we got the Dining Room and most of the Living Room pretty much done today. I still want to try and bang out some of the kitchen but we are almost out of boxes. We're waiting for another shipment to arrive by tomorrow.

Next weekend I'm hoping we can get to the PX up at West Point and get our new Christmas Tree to put up. I normally put my stuff out Thanksgiving weekend so I'm chomping at the bit a little right now.

AND... only 92 days until our VACATION! My brother is getting married in Key West in March. Since Freddy and I never really had a honeymoon we are planning on going out a week before and have ourselves a little vacation. It has been a while since I've taken a real vaction where I wasn't checking work email so I'm kind of excited. Plus my baby brother is getting married!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

~AKO

0 comments: