Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's the Little Things

I spent most of this week just exhausted from work. Everyday I planned to leave by 5pm, but everyday I was foiled at the last minute and didn't leave until after 6. A few days I didn't even get to leave until after 7 :( An entire week of 10 - 12 hour days, followed by an hour commute home, can wear out anyone. Now add to that the fact that I'm 31 weeks pregnant! I've been one tired mama! I was so excited to not have to do anything this weekend until my darling husband reminded me on Thursday that we had a wedding reception to go to today. Talk about bringing down my mood asap!

This morning I woke up super tired and a tad sore from this lovely bundle of joy that I'm carrying. Thinking I have all afternoon to relax before I had to start getting ready I settled in on the couch with a pillow under my back. Then, again, my darling husband breaks the news that the reception starts at 2pm! He, of course, tried to sooth it over by saying we should be home by 6:30.

So I begrudingly got showered and dressed to be ready to leave by 1ish. By the time we got into the city and spent 30 minutes looking for a parking spot it was already 2:30. We ended up not getting there until almost 3, but the nice thing was that it was a very small gathering in a little restaurant. I didn't have to worry about being deafened by a DJ or 1,000 people asking me how I feel, for baby details, etc.

By the time we left around 5:30, I was feeling a lot better. Turns out, even though it was rather difficult getting a start to my day, that just going outside, getting some fresh air, and moving around made me feel a lot better.

Now don't get me wrong... I'll be asleep tonight by 9pm!

~AKO

0 comments: