Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December Daily... First pages

Can you believe it is December already???  Crazy how fast this year has gone by... but we say that every year don't we!

Today I have, for your viewing pleasure, my 1st few pages of my December Daily album.  I'm still kind of playing things by ear so I'm hoping not to have to redo too many things.

First of all, I apologize for the poor quality photos... the lighting in my living room is not too good at night with my phone.

I haven't decorated the cover of my album.  I'm not sure if I want to since it will be sitting on a shelf with other albums but we'll see if inspiration strikes me later on.  I'm using the off while 6x8 album from Ali Edwards.

This is my current cover page.  Everything is from the Ali Edwards December Daily kit, with the exception of the "December" acrylic, the doily, and the red ink used by the stars stamp.  They are all from the Take Ten Days of December kit.  The "December" acrylic came in plain white and I just embossed the gold on it.  My first time embossing anything :)

I'm thinking I may put a family picture on the right side so hopefully we get a good one over the next few weeks.


The back of my cover page is just a calendar of the month of December.  The word "celebrate" and the star on the 25th are both from the Ali Edwards December Daily kit.


Next, I added a filler page so that December 1 would start on the left side of the book.  The cards and embellishments are from Ali Edwards December Daily kit.  The "Be Merry" and "Season Greetings!" cutouts are both from the Take Ten Days of December kit.  I plan to fill in the "All I want for Christmas" card with items from Marshall's wish list over the next few weeks.  He seems to want everything that is advertised in commercials these days.


And onto my December 1st page.  I was really worried that I would have anything to tell on the weekdays since our evenings are pretty quick... but tonight we played a game of Kerplunk while waiting for dinner to be done.

The holly card and start cutouts are both from the Take Ten Days of December kit.  The gold 1 and the journal card are both from the Ali Edwards December Daily kit.


Stay warm!

~AKO

0 comments: