Saturday, January 30, 2010

Organization and Unpacking Fun

So we finally got around to making a *HUGE* dent in the pile of boxes that were still in our second bedroom. Our apartment was starting to look like one big mess and it was driving me crazy! I actually took a day off on Friday so I could have an extra day. It seems like our weekends are always filled with too much stuff to devote more than a few hours on the unpacking so I thought I would try just taking another day. Well, it helped. We got 10 boxes unpacked between Friday and Saturday. In addition, I was able to get the kitchen and dining room cleaned up as well. So far we even filled a box for Goodwill and 2 trash bags of crap. The clutter was starting to overpower us!

We, of course, had little helpers the whole time. I'm sure they were just making sure we put things away where they were supposed to go and didn't throw away any of their toys.


First we had to finish watching The West Wing.

Hadley taking a break

C-Lo monitors the little bedroom.

C-Lo Monitors

Harley inventories the master bedroom.

Harley taking inventory


One box that I emptied out was full of only these. Not a single pair are mine! Never should I hear a word about how many shoes I have!


Freddy's Shoes


AND I found this! I've been missing this for over a year! This was Freddy's first birthday gift that he ever gave me.


My Watch


I also found all of my scrapbooks that I want to do. They've been packed in a box since we moved to Brooklyn in 2007! I can't wait to get started on that!

On another, and a little sad, note, our little foster kitty Jack is going home tomorrow. He got his stitches out on Thursday and a clean bill of health from the Vet. His owner is picking him up tomorrow. We'll miss little Jack and hope to be able to see him again in the future.


Jackpot


Head over to my other blog, 52 Weeks of the Olveras, for more Jack photos with my kitties. They all finally accepted him in our house.

Just to keep myself honest here, I've fallen off the Weight Watchers wagon and haven't made it to WI the past two weeks :( I hope to get back on track this week.

~AKO

1 comments:

Mrs. Mootz said...

I HATE unpacking. We've been in our house for 2.5 years and we're still not completely unpacked.

I left an award for you on my blog!