Saturday, January 16, 2010

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Diet, Exercise Programs, Weight Loss Ideas


Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


I haven't particiated in one of these in awhile, but since it is a huge focus in my life right now I thought I would join in the "Show Us Your Life" topic this week which is hosted by Kelly's Korner.

The topic this week is "Diet, Exercise Programs, Weight Loss Ideas." I'm one of those people who have struggled with my weight since I was in junior high. I've tried most of those fad diets out there and the thing that works best for me when I'm actually following the program is Weight Watchers.


Weight Watchers


I was very successful at losing 20 lbs back in 2006 but then stopped following the program. It does really work... if you follow the program :) A lot of people I talk to always say they don't want to have to waste the time to write everything down. Well, that's really the only way you're going to know what you're putting in your mouth. In addition, if you're counting calories you need to write everything down so what's the difference?? One thing that I read in their literature a couple weeks ago was "Only track during the weeks you want to lose." That is so true for me. During the weeks that I track I can guarantee a loss.

We attend meetings on Tuesday evenings in the city and I actually look forward to them. Our leader, Aransas, is awesome. She is so outgoing and supportive of everyone. She also makes a point to get to know everyone and introduce herself if she sees someone she doesn't know. The receptionists are great as well. The key is to find a leader that you like.

I've started tracking my losses in my side bar to the right. So far I've lost 3.4 lbs in the past two weeks. My first mini-goal is to lose 10 by St. Patrick's Day. I'm not going to post my ultimate goal because I'm trying to not focus on that. I'm working toward mini-goals which will hopefully lead me to my final goal. Since I've never been skinny as an adult I really don't even know what my final goal looks like!

As far as exercise programs go, I've never really stuck to one for more than 2 - 3 weeks. I do enjoy my Wii Active. It has a 30 day program that really does force you to work up a sweat. I'm hoping to get back on that this weekend. I love doing the Yoga on my Wii Fit as well. It really helps to stretch out my back. In addition, my husband is going to help me train for a 5K once it gets a little warmer. We have a track by our new apartment so I'm looking forward to that. I have to buy a good pair of running shoes first :) A few years back I told Freddy that I wanted to be able to do PT and at least hit the minimums the Army has set for women. I still want to hit that goal and hopefully this year it will happen.

So, nothing spectacular or anything you all don't already know :) Turns out the key to losing weight is diet and exercise... still... I was hoping at some point I wouldn't have to do anything :)

~AKO

1 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

My sis did WW as well, and had great sucess with it. It seems like a program that teaches you skills vs. having you buy a food or a plan. Way to go!