Monday, January 3, 2011

Book Challenges

You'll notice that a lot of my posts this month will center around how I'm going to start moving toward the goals I've set for myself. One of the goals that I really hope I can accomplish this year is to read 50 books this year. I used to read all the time and over the past few years I've, for some reason, just stopped reading books. I have to take public transportation to work which is prime reading time so I plan to take advantage of that once I return to work. I'm also thinking of finally getting a Kindle, which will make travelling with books a whole lot easier.

In an effort to help with this goal, I've joined a few blog book challenges. I haven't finished my entire list of 50 books yet but I've got about half. I've been making my selections very carefully because I want to make sure it is something that I will actually read. But, like all things, we may need to adjust the list throughout the year. If I'm not digging the book, I won't make myself suffer through it and will just choose another one to take its place.

I'm going to try and post monthly my progress on this goal. You can also see my progress in the 50 Books in 2011 link at the top of the page under my title.

The Challenges that I've joined are:





In the next few days I'm going to post on each of the challenges with the list of books that I've chosen for each. The book I'm currently reading will be displayed in my sidebar.

~AKO

1 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you so much for joining The Classics Reading Challenge! I'm your newest follower and look forward to visiting often.
Kim
http://sugarcreekcottage.blogspot.com/