Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm Not Perfect

I know... I know... big surprise! But it just amazes me how much unsolicited "good" advice people feel they need to give me about raising my baby. If I want or need your advice I will ask for it. What really annoys me is when people imply that I'm not doing a good job. Now, I am a first time mom and pretty much flying by the seat of my pants on this one, however, I don't tell you how to raise your kid so don't tell me how to raise mine. I guarantee you're not perfect either.

My baby slept in our bed for the first month, still sleeps in our room in his bassinet, hates tummy time but will only sleep on his stomach, has to be rocked into a deep sleep in order to nap or go down for the night, breastfeeds and eats formula, likes to be rocked vertically, feeds from Playtex Ventair bottles...

In spite of all of that, he's a healthy 14 pound 11 week old.


DSC_0018


~AKO

0 comments: