Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Introducing the Bumbo

Since Marshall's getting decent head control now, we decided it was time to introduce the Bumbo. I only leave him in it for a few minutes at a time right now since he still needs some more head control, but so far so good. I was waiting for him to start screaming since I put him down but he sat pretty good in the Bumbo. I think we can give success another point in the win column with the Bumbo.


BumboSuccess


So what's for dinner tonight? Since I didn't really plan anything I fell back on one of my old Weight Watcher favorites - Turkey Sloppy Joes. This is a super easy recipe to make and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.


DSC_0020


After warming up a deep skillet, add 1 TBSP of canola oil and coat the bottom of the skillet. Chop 1 onion, 1 green pepper, and 1 red pepper and add to the oil. Also add 1 clove of garlic. You can use fresh garlic if you want, but for the sake of time I normally just use the pre-minced garlic. I include a red pepper to add some color to the mix. Oh, and by the way, one of the most awesome wedding gifts we received was this chopper. It cuts down the time a lot when you have more than 1 vegetable or fruit to chop. This one came with a couple different blades as well so you can cut things a little bigger or smaller if you need to. I always use it when chopping onions :)


DSC_0021

DSC_0022


After the veggies are cooked, add 1 TSP of chili powder, 1/2 TSP of oregano, and 1/2 TSP of dry mustard. Mix and then add your ground turkey. Once the ground turkey is completely cooked, add 1 CUP of BBQ sauce. I normally use Honey BBQ, but you can use any flavor you would like.


DSC_0023


Stir everything together. I let it simmer for a couple minutes and everything will thicken. Server on a whole wheat hamburger roll and add a side like Baked Lays and you've got yourself a meal.


DSC_0024


~AKO

1 comments:

Skye said...

that looks so good. I am going to try that recipe! And the chopper - wow that is serious!
The bumbo chair is great. We still use it for my 8 mo old daughter, and we got the tray attachment so she can sit & play with her toys. That might be the best invention.